Is it Safe to buy a Used Hyperbaric Chamber?
Is it Safe to buy a Used Hyperbaric Chamber? I hope to answer this question to help you make the best choice. When considering buying a used hyperbaric chamber there are several points to take into consideration before buying. Buying a used hyperbaric chamber can be a nightmare for some and huge money saver for others.
When shopping for a used hyperbaric chamber you need to do your due diligence and research what you are buying and where are you buying from. You need to understand that this is a medical device and it can be dangerous if it is not inspected by a manufacturer trained hyperbaric technician.
Do not buy a used chamber from a private seller. Now more than ever people are selling their used hyperbaric chambers on the black market, using various platforms to do it in (ebay, craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and more), not collecting medical records, device tracking or ownership. There is no way for federal agencies to track data and people could be putting the public in danger. Untrained people that sell their used chambers could be breaking the law.
Never buy a used chamber unless it has been inspected and approved for resale. In selling used chambers over the years, you would be amazed of what people think is in “good condition.” I have had people send me their chamber and tell me it is in perfect condition but when I get it in for inspection it is a different story.
People that are trying to sell their used hyperbaric chamber are only motivated by how much money can they get back and not focused on the safety or proper function. I have had to turn many of chambers away because they were not safe or worthy for resale. To the point where I get attacked because I will not sell their used old possibly dangerous chamber. If your chamber is not safe to use do not expect me to sell it.
What you should look for when buying a used hyperbaric chamber
- Has the chamber been inspected by a manufacturer trained technician. – Dr. Hillind is a manufacturer certified technician, has over 15 years experience and take over 40 CE hours.
- Do they have the history of the chamber – We work with the manufacturer’s to insure you are getting the safest chamber.
- Can you get a copy of the inspection form – All used chambers we sell go through a thorough inspection. We can provide inspection form upon request.
- Buy only from a certified dealer – We are a certified dealer of the hyperbaric chamber we sell.
- What is the return policy – Don’t get stuck with a chamber you don’t want. We offer a 14 day return policy if you are not happy with your chamber.
- What is the warranty – Atlanta Hyperbaric Center we offer a 30 day $1000 warranty on parts.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please share on your social media. If you have any questions please feel free to call me 770-948-4511.
Yours In Health,
Dr. Louis Hilliard