5 tips to use cryotherapy
Are you considering using cryotherapy but you don’t know where to start or what to do? I hope this article will help you get answers so you will have a safe and enjoyable cryotherapy session. Your cryotherapy session will typically last between 2-3 minutes and cool nitrogen gas cools as low as -200 degrees or more. It is important that you know follow these 5 step to insure that y0u have a safe and effective cryo treatment.
Hello everyone my name is Dr. Louis Hilliard I have over 15 years of clinical experience and I am a licensed chiropractor. I am here to help you get answers and improve your results with cryotherapy. In this article I will give you 5 tips on considering cryotherapy as a form of care.
5 tips to use cryotherapy
1. Consult you physician: Before entering any form of treatment plane it is important for you to consult with your primary care or treating physician first. Discuss your goal, reasoning why you are considering cryotherapy, ask for suggestions and perform a health examination before entering a unit.
2. Know risks: With all forms of treatment there is a good and bad. Of course you hear all the success stories but it is important that you know the risks and contraindications of cryotherapy before doing the treatment. The last thing you want to do is be like that dumb football player and get frost bite on you hand and feet or loos a limb because you didn’t know. If you are unaware I will encourage you to read my article 15 side effects and contraindications of cryotherapy. This article will help you get get the answers you need.
3. Eat before entering: When entering a cryo unit it is important that you eat and drink some water. The cold with cause the metabolism to speed up to keep the core of your body warm and this takes energy. I would suggest that you eat and drink water one hour before doing your cryotherapy session.
4. Ware protective gear: As I said earlier do be like the dumb football player that did not follow directions, ware his protective gear causing frost bite and tissue damage. This is not a toy and if not respected and take the necessary precautions you will hurt someone or get hurt your self. It is important that you protect you hands, feet, ears and at times face. Ware gloves, insulated socks, and earmuffs. All providers should have protective gear for you to put on before treatment. It is very important that the clothes and gear that you ware during your session in dry.
5. Technician qualifications: When choosing cryotherapy it is important that the cryotherapy technician administering the session is knowledgeable, qualified and versed in patient care. The should have at minimum their business registered with the state, insured and all technicians certified. I would suggest only using someone that is a licensed health care professional because they have been trained in patient care, examination and history documentation.
If you follow these simple tip will insure you a safe and successful cryotherapy session. If you feel this article has help you please like and share. You can also check out my great videos on Youtube where I will be discussing various health topics related to alternative medicine and health care. Thank you for taking the time to read if you have any questions please leave in the comments below and I will be sure to answer.
Your in health
Dr. Louis Hilliard