15 side effects & contraindications of CryotherapyDo you know and understand the potential dangers when considering cryotherapy? Most people don’t. Hello my name is Dr. Louis Hilliard and I have over 15 years of clinical experience. I have helped hundreds of people get a cryotherapy machine and start their cryo business. In this article I will teach you the side effect and contraindications to help you see if cryotherapy is right for you. Cryotherapy is becoming more and more popular at gyms, spas and wellness centers across the country. Athletes, weekend warriors and everyday people are seeing the positive results of cryotherapy. But it is important that you know what the side effects and contraindications of cryotherapy. The FDA has not approved cryotherapy as a safe and effective to treat any medical conditions and any claims of benefits are just that claims. But despite the lack of scientific evidence patient around the world see the value and include it into their health care regiment. In this article I will help answer the questions about the possible dangers of using this therapy. Typical cryotherapy treatments last between 2-3 minutes. The patient clothing and skin should be dry when stepping into a cryotherapy chamber. Also, it is important to remove all metal or jewelry. All sensitive body parts (hands, feet, ears, nose should be protected and covered with gloves, ear muffs, slippers and /or socks. By following these direction will help you reduce the risk of frostbite.
15 side effects & contraindications of CryotherapySide effects of cryotherapy treatments: The severity, duration and frequency can very among patients. Education, examination and caution from the cryotherapy technician should be observed and noted.
- It may leave the tissue affected with unusual temporary sensations, such as numbness or tingling.
- Can cause redness and irritation of skin last for a few minutes.
- Can cause tissue damage (including frostbite in extreme cases). Alway ware protective gear on hands & Feet
- Whole body cryotherapy should not exceed five minutes
- Full body cryotherapy can causes decreased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and lowered breathing.
- Acute chest pains
- High blood pressure
- Acute respiratory illness
- History Cardiovascular disease(consult your physician)
- History of seizures
- History of Circulatory disorders
- History of stroke
- Raynaud’s syndrome history (cold hands and feet)
- Pacemakers or stent, metal implants
- Pediatric patients (younger than 18)
Hyperbaric therapy: it’s becoming popular amongst the famed. Stars like Cristiano Ronaldo and Justin Bieber have taken to this new health trend. But the truth